Barista/front of house customer service
Are you interested in working at a fast-paced bakery/cakery/café? We are a local, family-owned business that is experiencing exponential growth, and looking to expand our crew! Our Front of House team has their hands in a little bit of everything that we do. Our café serves up a variety of specialty coffee drinks, all featuring local Topeca coffee, plus we serve breakfast and lunch all day. Our Front of House team is also trained on how to properly take custom cake and dessert orders. If you enjoy a work environment that keeps you moving and growing each day, then we want to hear from you!
Our ideal candidate has worked in either the food or coffee industry in the past, dessert/cake knowledge is a plus but not required. The most important qualities we look for is a positive attitude and a desire to help others (coworkers and customers alike). Other qualities that we are looking for include being a people person, professionalism, and possessing a self-starter attitude.
We are seeking both FULL and PART TIME candidates for this roll. Compensation is dependent on experience, and our starting pay is $13/hour plus tips. We love seeing our employees grow and flourish, so we will always promote from within wherever possible. For those with the proper skills, advancement into wedding cake consultations, key holder positions, and management positions are all possibilities.
Responsibilities to include:
• Sales and service of specialty coffee and tea beverages.
• Sales and service of baked goods, menu items, custom cakes, and miscellaneous retail items to customers.
• Assisting customers with custom cake orders; both in person and on the telephone (training provided).
• Greeting all customers with fast, friendly, and personalized service.
• Accurately ringing sales orders into cash register and counting back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Answering telephone in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Maintaining efficient, friendly service.
• Demonstrating knowledge of our food and beverage menu.
• Completing daily opening, mid-shift, or closing side work.
• Maintaining a clean and sanitized workstation.
• Adherence to health and safety guidelines.
• Correct following of recipes and presentations for food and beverage items.
• Punctuality and consistent attendance.
• Contributing to a positive team environment.
Requirements, Qualifications, & Physical Demands:
• 2+ years in the customer service industry. Food or coffee service preferred.
• Maintains a positive company morale and professional attitude.
• Experienced and comfortable with working shifts that include early morning opening, evening closing, and weekend shifts.
• Friendly, outgoing, and dedicated to outstanding customer service.
• Tidy and self-disciplined.
• Detailed-oriented and passionate about product quality.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Well-organized and detail-oriented.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear.
• Frequently required to use hand and finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
• Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects.
• Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.
- Free meal each shift
- Competitive pay
- Dental and vision insurance
- Direct primary care options
- Opportunities for promotion
- Exposure to the Custom Cake and Wedding Cake industries
- An AMAZING team