I think every industry has the things they wish their customers knew. And the bakery business is
no different! In an effort to entertain our sweet followers, we have compiled a list for your reading pleasure…
- It can be challenging to put REALLY BIG fake flowers on a very small cake. This isn’t about judging the size of the cake…but simply wanting it to look its very best for the big day…the party!
- Color swatches/reference are helpful. Your idea of cornflower blue may have a bit more purple in it that my idea of cornflower blue. If you have something specific in mind…please be willing to provide an example for us to color match.
- Keep in mind, that shape matters. Some designs look great on round. Some look great on square. Some look good on both, but not all.
- Please don’t bring an all-fondant cake example in and ask for that design “without the fondant.” Not everything can be replicated using different icing media.
- If you care what the cake looks like…don’t be afraid to tell us! We want you to love your cake! Please don’t say “make it pretty” or “something for a guy” and then not like what design we choose.
- Please provide an accurate pick up time. If you think you may want to pick up the cake it at 10 am after a morning pedicure, please do not say 2 pm and then show up 4 hours early.The end result ANY DECORATOR wants is for the customer to ❤️❤️❤️ their cake. In order to achieve that we must have a seriously sweet customer/bakery team working toward that goal.
All said with whipped cream and a chocolate covered strawberry on top!